Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Negative Die Cutting - Happy Birthday card

Hi Everyone!

How is your week going? I can't believe that we are 2/3rds into January!! Excited to show this card that I made using the negative die cutting technique with some dies and stamps from Taylored Expressions. I cut out leaves from the Leafy Branch die on Sugar Cube cardstock and then created a mat onto the Plum Punch cardstock so that the leaves would be a plum-my color - and to that I added a flower from my stash and then added a leafy branch that I cut out with Granny Smith Cardstock and laid it up against the already cut out negative space of the leafy branch to create a shadow of sorts: 


I used the Dotted Lattice Embossing folder for the background and then added a sentiment from the Simply Stamped - Roses stamp set with one of the Skinny Mini Border dies underneath it. Here is a closer peek of the negative space die technique using the Leafy Branch die:

Card Ingredients:
Stamp set: Simply Stamped - Roses from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento - Lilac Posies
Cardstock: Sugar Cube, Granny Smith, Plum Punch, Salt Water Taffy and Salt Water Taffy
Taylored Dies: Leafy Branch die, Skinny Mini Party Borders, Embossing Folder: Dotted Lattice
Accessories: Rolled up flower from stash, Best Glue Ever, Foam Tape

I loved making this card with these colors - so much fun! And its fun to add a card to my birthday collection so that I have one on hand to send out to people!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Sankari :)




No comments: