Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Taylored Expressions June Sneak Peeks:P & P Fab Frames: Summer and Hexagon Cutting Plate

Hey Everyone,




Today is the second day of sneak peeks from Taylored Expressions and today I am showing a page I created using the Pockets and Pages Fab Frames: Summer - such a great way to spice up a photo for your page layout! Here is a page that I created it is the back of the page that I created the month before - and so I kept the same blue theme:




Here is a close up of the Fab Frames: Summer (which is a set of three frames with different sentiments that are cut out of the frame. I chose to "frame" one of the pictures of our family at the beach with the frame and sentiment that says: "I {heart} summer".... I added a Party Banner border die across the picture and then added some words that I cut out from the new to be released P & P June Script:

On the bottom of this page as well as the top of the next page, I used sentiments from the Big Bold Summer sentiments and added elements from the Big Kahuna stamp set (such as the beach umbrella and surfboards). I also added a sun from the new to be released Sun and Clouds dies:


Page Ingredients:
Stamps: Big Kahuna stamp set and Big Bold Summer stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Bahama Blue, Danube Blue
DP: Simple Stories Snap DP, Blue cardstock
Accessories: Pockets & Pages Fab Frames – Summer, Sun & Clouds dies from TE, Pockets and Pages July Script, Pockets and Pages June Script, Banner border die 

Loved taking the photos from my camera and quickly making a page with these awesome new dies and stamp sets! For my second project, I made a thank you card using the Hippo Birdy stamp set paired with the soon to be released Hexagon Cutting Plate. Love how the cutting plates add such an easy touch of extra drama :) I also popped some hearts in some of the open hexagon shapes for some fun:
Here is a close up peek - I colored this cute elephant - sometimes I want to call this elephant Thomas and other times I want to call her Sheila :) Today She is Sheila :) So I colored Sheila the elephant (helps to have a name and conversation as you color them :) and paper pieced her ears with some DP that was in my stash. I added just a little bit of DP that had some words and a little gray satin ribbon at the top for a bit of softness - I LOVED coloring Sheila/Thomas - she is just so cute :)

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Hippo Birdy from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Teal Zeal and Tuxedo Black from Memento Inks
Paper: MME stash and cream cardstock
Accessories: Hexagon Cutting Plate (TE), From the Heart Frame (TE), mini heart punch, corner rounder, dimensionals, circle punch


I loved making this fun page for my family album with these new Pockets and Pages dies and stamps that can coordinate with these dies along with using this awesome and fun hexagon cutting plate. Can't wait to see what the amazing ladies on the DT created with the products that are being peeked today! Please hop over with me and check them out here:

Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please come over tomorrow for more sneak peeks from this awesome release!
Hugs,
Sankari :)


2 comments:

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your elephant! So adorable!!

Vicki said...

Shelia is adorable!!! Love her soft colors and pretty ombre effect. I can never resist a card with hearts.