Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Why give up Cupcakes?

Hi Everyone,

Can I just say that I am officially addicted to cupcakes - and that I am in love with all things cupcake? I just love this sentiment from the Build A Treat stamp set from Taylored Expressions that says - "I could give up cupcakes, but why?" - a very, very intelligent question I might add!!! This is a question that I have asked many times and the answer that I have come up with is that cupcakes are cute, fun, delicious, a little bit of heaven and make the ordinary everyday extraordinary - and they have no calories!!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!! This month's gallery theme for SCS is Icing and Sprinkles - and I immediately thought of cupcakes!!!

I created these two cards using the SCS sketch #424 from last week  - I liked the design and I thought it was kind of CAS, a technique that is really hard for me - so I attempted a CAS design with these cards (why is it that the simple card designs take forever?!). I used the Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe DP - I love that fun patterns and it was easy to mix and match strips of color on the design. I stamped the cupcake from the  Build A Treat stamp set with different color inks to create the gradation on the cupcake and then colored the liner with copics:


I added die cut one strip of blue paper with the Jumbo Flower Border Die and then cut it in half for both of the cards to create a scalloped border edge on one side of the card. I added a little twine to the edge of the pennant (cut with the Pennant Border die) and popped up the pennants with some dimensionals: 
Card Ingredients:
PaperSimple Stories Snap Color Vibe  designer paper (6x6)
Stamps:  Build A Treat stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Teal Zeal and Rose Red for the sentiments, Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart and Bahama Blue for the cupcake and copics for the cupcake liners
Accessories: Pennant border die and Jumbo Flower Border die from Taylored Expressions twine, dimensionals, circle punch and corner rounder

I loved making these cards - they were so fun to make even though my attempt at making a CAS card nearly took half a day - good thing you can eat cupcakes while you stamp - they give you energy to keep stamping!!! :)

All this talk of cupcakes is sure making me hungry for 10,  ummm 1 cupcake! ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope your day is filled with cupcakes!
Ciao for now!
Sankari :)

No comments: