Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Taylored Expressions January Spotlights: Happy Spring and XOXO!!!

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday, Taylor released a whole bunch of yummy goodies and today the design team is doing some fun spotlight hops to show case the newly released stamp sets! Today, I am showing samples from two super super cute sets called: "Oh What a Holiday" and "Stuck on You"! So cute!!

My first card uses the "Oh What a Holiday" set (which is perfect for all the holidays through the year with sentiments to match!) Love it! I used the sweet little bunny for my card with the sentiment "Happy Spring" - as much as I am enjoying the winter (said with just a touch of sarcasm) - I am truly looking forward to spring - one of my favorite seasons (the favorite one being autumn). I used the Love Tree die that I showed on yesterday's post and created little spring leaves for the tree and put it behind the little bunny (don't you want to sing... "little bunny foo foo " now :)
 
 
I used the Banner Stacklet dies to create my sentiment hanging off to a side - I also popped up my tree and bunny - here is a closer peek at the dimensions:

  
Card Ingredients:
Paper: Scraps of green, brown and pink cardstock and Choice Snow White paper
Stamps: Oh What a Holiday from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Banner Stacklet dies, Love Tree dies, MS grass punch, corner chomper, copics, dimensionals

It really felt so refreshing to create a spring card - and I love that this image could be used for easter, birthdays or to weclome spring - love this sweet bunny!! And speaking of sweet little animals - check out the sweetest Hedgehog in the Stuck on You stamp set - seriously - seriously - SOOOO cute!! So cute, that I made 5 little notecards using the Scalloped Notecard die that Taylored released yesterday to create 5 little mini Valentine's for my little nieces and nephews - here they are all in a line:
And because I couldn't decide which picture I like better - here is another one of them :
I cut out the notecards using the die and then started a little factory - stamping and cutting the little sweet hedgehog, creating a sky background, cutting all the grass and the string of hearts (which is a stamped image from the set) - I then added a little twine and glitter to heart balloon as a finishing touch - and the whole time I was making this project, I was SOOOO happy and in love with this little cutie - here is a little close up !

Card Set Ingredients:
Paper: Choice Snow White paper and some green cardstock for grass
Stamps: Stuck On You stamp set from Taylored Expressions
Inks: Memento Love Letter and Tuxedo Black, copics
Accessories: twine, glitter, dimensionals, Scalloped Notecard die from Taylored Expressions and corner chomper

I loved making all of these fun cards with these sweet little animals -  Please check out all the awesome spotlight hops from all of the wonderful ladies here:
      And would love it if you hopped by tomorrow for more samples and fun!
      Thanks for stopping by today!
      Ciao for now,
      Sankari :)

      8 comments:

      Jen Shults said...

      EEEK! Your Oh, What a Holiday card is AMAZING! I love the depth in that little scene - I don't even want to think about adding foam tape to that tree, lol. And you're Valentines are PERFECT and going into my inspiration file! LOVE your work today!

      Kerri said...

      EEK, I LOVE both of your projects, Sankari! That little Easter card is ADORABLE, and your sponged bg looks amazing! The hedgie cards are so sweet and perfect for your family! I just love how you added the banner across the top:)

      Elizabeth said...

      Those little note cards are sooo cute. Love them.

      Shannon White said...

      OMGoodness Sankari!! I LOVE your Darling Hoppy Spring card!! What a Sweet little scene! I love how you put the Love tree with the sweet Bunny image!! Too Darned CUTE! might have to CASE this one for sure!!;-) And your Sweet Hedgie Scalloped notecards are soo Darned Sweet!! So cute w/ the little heart banners! Fabulous fussy cutting my Sweet friend! 8-)

      Hugs
      Shannon

      Davi said...

      AHmazing!! I love the fun little note cards with the very cute little heart banners and the first one is Beautiful! The band across the top seems like a wonderful shelter for the lovely dimensional tree and scene, really beautiful :)

      SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

      Good GRIEF, these could not GET any CUTER!! Seriously ... my favorites of the entire release. GREAT JOB!!! Love them!!!

      Unknown said...

      These are both incredible, Sankari! LOVE the little bunny card and your hedgie cards are SO sweet - your nieces and nephews will ♥ these!

      Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

      Oh my goodness, that bunny card is just DARLING! And those hedgie minis. . .so stinkin' CUTE!