Friday, July 20, 2012

Be Happy!

Hi Everyone,

Is it just me or is the summer flying by so fast! I can't even believe how quickly time is flying by! One of my goals for the summer was just to be with family - once the kids are in school, I feel like I am chauffeuring everyone from school to soccer to gymnastics, etc etc... and so over the summer its been so nice to take a break from everything and just be with the kids and try to have an adventure everyday with them! 

I made this quick card using the Sky's the Limit Petite stamp set from Taylored Expressions which has the cutest little hot air balloon and I love the sentiment: Be Happy - cause that is what life is all about - just the enjoying and being happy with the simple pleasures of life! 
Card Ingredients:
Paper: scraps of DP, kraft card stock, Choice, Buttercream cardstock from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Sky's the Limit stamp set (petite from Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Rose Red and Tuxedo black from Memento Inks
Accessories: liquid pearls, grass edge punch from MS, dimensionals, glue dots, ribbon from stash, small circle punch, sponger and corner chomped

I had some scrap pieces of paper and created a little scene for the hot air balloon and used some scraps to paper piece it and create a little banner on the corner. I stamped the sentiment and then rounded out the corners and added some liquid pearls to the center of the sun. I cut out some wavy hills out of different shades of green card stock and added some grass edging and liquid pearls to the hilltops :)

I absolutely loved making this card it was so much fun - and it is a reminder to always be happy - everyday!

Wishing you all a happy day!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

1 comment:

Holly Saveur said...

LOOOOOOVE it such great colors too!