Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Taylor!!!

Hi Everyone!

The last couple of days have made me reflective about how precious life is and how grateful I am for all the special friendships in my life! I am especially grateful for all the friends I have met through blogging - its amazing how some of my closest friends are those whom I have met through blogging about paper crafting! One such special lady is the awesome and amazing Taylor VanBruggen who is celebrating a very special birthday today!

I have to say, that  I was totally nervous to make this card for Taylor - I mean, there are so many possibilities for making a birthday card with all the super cute stamps that she has created in Taylored Expressions - and not only that I wanted to make a special birthday card for her - and was daunted by HOW to even get started!!! So I decided to go with what was on my craft table (LOL!!! what an exact science!!) and used the new fabulously gorgeous June Key Ingredients with the Delightful Day stamp set - which I cannot put down!! (This is an exclusive set - check out the post here about how to get your hands on this super cute stamp set). - I stamped the little birdies and popped them up with the speech bubbles coming out of their sides (how cute are these speech bubbles!) and then added a little cupcake from the Build a Treat stamp set in the middle (cause you know, no card is complete without a little cupcake ;) and then finished it with some cut grass, a pennant that I sewed and a pinwheel on the side. I added a little glaze on the cupcake and some liquid pearls on the side of the card and then rounded all the corners:

No card is quite complete without a little decoration on the inside - so I added the sentiment: "You're Amazing" from the Make it Amazing stamp set and some yellow flowers from the Delightful Day stamp set.  Taylor is truly amazing - she is so generous, so organized and is such a wonderful friend, mother and it is inspiring to see how she makes her dreams come true!!

Here is a closer peek at the front of the card:


 Card Ingredients:
Paper: June Key Ingredients Kit from Taylored Expressions (Echo Park papers)
Stamps: Delightful Day, Make It Amazing , Build a Treat from Taylroed Expressions
Inks: Bahama Blue, sky blue, Ladybug Red, Aquamarine (chalk inks)
Accessories: Platinum liquid pearls, tropical thread, sew easy, dimensionals, MS grass punch, Pinwheel Parade die from Taylored Expressions, corner chompers and liquid glaze

I feel very thankful to be part of Taylor's design team but more than that, I am thankful to have met her and her family and for her friendship and support through the ups and downs in life. She is truly amazing - always so positive,  fun, energetic, sweet, giving, compassionate and beyond cool!!! This is a picture from a couple of years ago - isn't Taylor just the most beautiful model ever!!!

I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and a huge cupcake dear Taylor! I wish you and your family every happiness and every dream fulfilled - and that happiness peeks out at you from every corner, everyday! I simply adore you and your beautiful family!!! Happy happy birthday dear Taylor!! Love you!

I know Taylor would love it if you surprised her with some happy birthday wishes over at her blog!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Radha said...

now that is creation S! Love the way u did the banner, the pin wheel, the cupcake, the T-birds... and is T in real life 1 head higher???!!!
Happy happy BD to u TE. S to u a hug and when I see u I give it in person:))

Taylor said...

Girl...YOU are the most beautiful model ever! I just love your bright, white, and perfect smile! :)

Thank you so much for your sweet words! I am so blessed to have you in my life and your encouragement over these years means more than you'll know! (((HUGS)))

P.S. That picture you shared seems like so long ago and like just yesterday at the same time! :)