Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Morning Musings....

Good Morning Everyone,

We just had a lovely weekend hanging out with family and friends and eating a ton of cake - for which now I am congested and bloated... ugh! Serves me right for adopting a total "YES" policy on eating everything sweet... I think that last truffle did me in... but it did me in so sweetly!!! LOL! I came home on Friday evening to these beautiful flowers waiting outside my door from my sweet friend Brooke (my fellow Cinema Sister) - I couldn't believe it - I had just talked to her earlier that day and had no idea of anything like this arriving - awwww - it felt like she was there herself giving me a hug!!!! I love that the vase is green (my fave color) and that the ribbon was polka dotted (my liquid pearl dot obsession) and the flowers were so bright and jewel toned - my favorite color palate!!! She told all of these details to the flower store in town and they created this beautiful present for me :)

These flowers smelled amazing! And they are sitting in our living room making me smile every time I walk in!!! Thank you dearest Brooke!!!

And thank you to all who posted birthday cards and sent greetings - Thank you dearest Radha Didi for everything and all your beautiful presents!!! This birthday has really been the best ever - and I feel so utterly grateful from the bottom of my heart to have such amazing and loving friends!!! You ROCK! I love that this weekend was a 3 day weekend for Labor Day and so I had an extra chance to clean up my stamp corner - so I thought I would take a picture of it while it was still clean - cause I know that it will not stay this clean for long!!!!

I always DROOL when I see so many gorgeous stamp rooms - decorated so nicely with gorgeous furniture and tons of crafting products and yumminess!!! There are so many oooo's and aaaahhh's and I always wish I had my own room - but we just don't have the space in our little place for that - so I get a corner in our bedroom... that is sneakily taking up more of our bedroom slowly :)

My DH has been AWESOME about the fact that our bedroom can at times become a tornado - I should get some caution tape and tape around it so that there can be a path to walk around the bedroom to where he can get to his dresser :). I wish my little corner was more "Martha" but I am waiting for us to move into a bigger house where I can have my own room and I can really decorate my space nicely - in the meantime - I tried to put as much "green" color around me - it always makes me happy :)

There is not that room for storage and the downside of that is that I can't buy too much stuff (which is the upside for my DH) but the upside for me is that I have to use what I have because there isn't that much space to store it. My computer is always next to me when I craft so that I can watch a movie and make a card - part of the reason that it takes me forever! to create one card!! But I love sitting down at my little corner in the evening after the wee ones go to bed and creating a card :)

Anyhow - thanks for letting me ramble on a bit and share some pictures! I hope that you are enjoying your Monday and that your week is off to a great start!!!

Big hugs,
Sankari :)

10 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh, what beautiful flowers!!!! They are so you :) That Brooke is a sweetie :) Love your little stamping area and can picture you their watching a Johnny Depp movie applying liquid pearls...so glad you had a special birthday :D Hugs :)

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Happy belated birthday - sounds like it was wonderful!!!

wendyp said...

love all that green in your stamp space! But you know you kinda blew that image I had of you sitting on the closet floor stamping. LOL!

Hope you're still enjoying your birthday weekend!

Smita said...

So glad you had a fab birthday :)
your desk is super nice. I craft on the floor :( so you see there are people worse off ;) the day i have a desk of my own to craft on, i'll be the happiest girl in the world.

Radha said...

I love love love that neet corner!!!
Will u come over and help me too:)))!!!!
Love u
Love what u create!
U rock!
R:)))

Lynne Phelps said...

I have a birthday this week too! Lovely flowers! You forgot the biggest upside - Liquid Pearls don't take up much space, LOL! Just think if they grew to Glimmer Mist size, you'd be in terrible trouble! Hah! Happy Birthday to us!

Anonymous said...

Loved your card on PDCC#45 page! Really perfect, with so much detail.
Impressed by the neatness of your space, but I always love seeing the "messy" ones, too. I seem to work best in a cyclone of paper, etc.
Thanks.
Margaret
margaretsrt@hotmail.com

Becky Thomas said...

Happy belated birthday! I think your craft corner looks wonderful. I've turned my dining room table into a craft area but it isn't nearly is pretty as yours! Just wanted to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. I love your cards--always so beautiful. And you've gotten me hooked on Liquid Pearls!

Brooke S said...

I LOVE YOUR GUTS!
That room is so YOU! It's so FAB... It just bursts with SUNSHINE...I can't wait to craft in it with you...

HUGS
BROOKE

KarensKreativeTreasures said...

Your scrap space looks so cozy and I love the different shades of green. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I celebrated my 49th birthday yesterday with ice cream and scrapbooking; life is good.