Friday, July 16, 2010

Swingin' By to Say HI :)

Good Morning Everyone :)

It's Friday and I am so excited to have a weekend to get things done, hang out with friends and be with my family - woo-hoo! Here is a little card that I made last night - I was trying to keep it clean and simple - oh the torture of making clean and simple cards when all you are aching to do is to cover it with liquid pearls, ribbon, bling and all kinds of embellies :)) But I tried moderation - I talked myself into just a little bit of Lettuce liquid pearls and a little bit of bling :) It still counts right?

This was one of my favorite images from the "In the Park" stamp set released by Taylored Expressions this month - I love this sweet tree and the tire swing just wants me to jump in and swing hi! I copic-fied it and and tried to keep the colors to the yellow and green tones (I have been seriously in love with yellow ever since the summer began :)

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Prism Cardstock (Frosted Yellow and Candle Glow dark) and (Intense Kiwi) from Taylored Expressions and Summertime Project Pantry Kit and Choice Snow White cardstock (seriously awesome for copics)
Ink: Dandelion, Cottage Ivy and Tuxedo Black from Memento
Accessories: Spellbinders, Kaiser bling, circle punches from SU, liquid pearls ( Lettuce) EK success wave dotted punch (Say what?! a punch that dots things for me! oh yea!), MS grass punch, copics, dimensionals, sponger, Olive & Cream polka dotted ribbon.

This stamp set makes me want to find a tire swing right now! Hope your weekends off to a good start and that you are having a wonderful friday!

Thanks so much for swinging over to my blog :) Happy weekend!!!
Hugs!
Sankari :)

6 comments:

It's Jenn! said...

But that's what I love! Your ability to embellish the heck out of something and make it look fabulous. Although, it appears you do simple just as good. This card is still Sankari style, and as always, I love the way you use colors together. Beautiful!

Radha said...

OMG!!!
Love it sweet!!!!
Love spellbinders liquid pearls and borders ...U can see I'm resting... with work(Ian-papers) and blog fun:)))


BIG HUGS

Libby Hickson said...

My dear Sankari - I think you doing clean & simple cards is about like you trying to give up chocolate - it goes against nature and it just makes no sense!! :-) This card is GORGEOUS though (but not the most CAS-y card I've seen, hee hee). Have I mentioned lately how much I adore you???

Jami said...

Your card is gorgeous sweetie, but why torture yourself trying to do CAS? Like me torturing myself last night to try to do a 15 minute card. LOL! Just do what you love! We all love seeing it!

Danni said...

Such a wonderful card!!

Naomi said...

This is gorgeous... yet again. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your work a few weeks ago. I love it all. Do you have liquid pearls in every colour?