Thursday, July 8, 2010

RELEASE DAY -at Taylored Expressions!!!!!!!


Hi Everyone!

Its Release day over at Taylored Expressions - and today Taylor is releasing three new stamp sets, 2 Project Pantry Kits, 4 A La Carte stamps & coordinating sentiments featuring Destination Cuppie designed by Jessie Oleson and a beautiful big background stamp: the stitched plaid background stamp set. That's a whole lot of yumminess to get into the crafting groove!


If you have been hopping around with us this week, you might have already seen some of the A La Carte images of Cuppie visiting various cities in the US - and I am so excited to show you the Destination New York Cuppie and the Destination San Francisco Cuppie stamps and coordinating sentiments! Cuppie is already so cute - but a Cuppie who travels also?! That is beyond cute!!!!! For the Destination New York Cuppie - I immediately thought to make a card full of bling and and with a black and white theme - somehow it feels very city-esque to me :) I tried to keep it clean and simple - really, I tried and can you believe that I used no liquid pearls in this project (kinda stunned myself!)

I love this image of cute little Cuppie eating a hotdog - soo cute! And check out this Cuppie by the Golden Gate Bridge and this sweet sentiment from the Destination San Francisco Cuppie stamp set: It looks just like a postcard:

I adorned the side with these super cute scalloped edged ribbons from Taylored Expressions and then added a little button embellishment on the top. Man, I wish I could travel coast to coast like Cuppie! I can see so many amazing projects created with all 4 Destination Cuppie stamps - can't wait to stamp more!

But wait - there is more :) Today, Taylor is also releasing this beautiful stamp set called In The Park designed by the amazing Nancy McKinny and there is an amazing Summertime Project Pantry Kit that you will DROOOOL over (I promise!!!!!). As soon as I saw these amazing stamps - I knew that I wanted to create a scene and wanted to create something for my children. I love making little projects for them - and I wanted to make something for their room. So I created a little scene using a small shadow box frame. I LOVE the sentiment: "Imagination is the highest kite one can fly." I covered the shadow box with the papers - I created some rolling hills from the DP and the coordinating green cardstock, edged it with some inks and then liquid pearled it :) I covered the top portion with the gorgeous yellow paper and stamped the trees on the hills. I stamped the tree image twice onto some Choice Snow white Cardstock and then colored it and cut it out the leaves and tree trunks onto the stamped images:

I paper pieced one of the kites and added some bling to them and then tied a bow to the middle (love that its a shadow box so that the box won't get squished!). I also cut out the stamped bicycle and bench images (let me tell you my scissors are tired!) and adhered them to the hills. Here is a closer picture of the sentiment and I added a little bling to the bike:

Here is the picture of the scrapbook page that I framed and have sitting on the bookshelf in my children's room.

The BEST part of making this was that as soon as my son saw this, he wanted to know if we could put it in their room - yay! mission accomplished - they like it!! I hope that their imagination always leads them to amazing journeys!!!

Can't wait to check out all the Release Day Festivities happening on all the blogs of these amazing ladies!! Surf on over with me!!!

Our Amazing Guest Designer: Stacey Schafer!!!!

and of course!: Taylor VanBruggen

Thanks so much for stopping by today -hope to run into you shopping over at
Taylored Expressions check out all the deals and steals that Taylor has in store today!!!!! Yayayay!

Big hugs,
Sankari :)

16 comments:

Isha said...

This is such a bunch of lovely cards and page Sankari. Just love it.

TannyP said...

OMG! Sankari...these are fabulous! I saw the NYC card in my dashboard and I was like "Oh my....." I'm heading there in September and can't wait. Then I see that you used the SF cuppie and that's been my favorite vacation destination ever, so I LOVE you post and need to get these new stamps! Thanks so much for all the beautiful inspiration =)

Karen said...

Your NY card makes me want to book a trip today! Your San Francisco card reminds me I need to hop in the car and make the short drive really soon. And your scene is ADORABLE!!! I love intensity of color you bring to all of your projects...they always make me smile! :>

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH GIRL, these are ALL incredible. That layout of your precious ones is just too adorable for words! What a FAB background you created. WOWZA!

Anika said...

Glad you framed that scrapbook page - it totally deserves to be out on display, it's amazing! Loving those cards too and especially that white ribbon with the black polka dots!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! I'm stunned - your pic frame is gorgeous! I love the whole scene! I admire your work and style!
Love your destination cards too! Especially the NY one ;) The bling is so perfect!
Very inspiring, thanks!
hugs, margie

Stacey Schafer said...

omgoodness! love your projects, Sankari!

Janine - Ellabella said...

So lovely cards. Love the NYC card....colores are great!!!!

Janine

Cassie_lu said...

Oh my the scrapbbok page is amazing and rich in details.

Jodi Collins said...

Lordy girl...you are WAY to awesome for words! Your cuppie cards ROCK my world, but that frame is SIGH inducing! LOVE!

Danni said...

Such amazing creations!!

Radha said...

♡ ♡ ♡

Jami said...

How on earth do you do it - week after week - post after post - constantly amazing projects - HUGE WOWS! I'm so glad I've met you in person otherwise I might think you were a real person!! LOL!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Sankari!!! That FRAME!!!.. THAT FRAME!!!! OMG!!! It's absolutely AMAZING. GORGEOUS, BRILLIANT and AMAZING. I ADORE it.

xx SJ

Karen Giron said...

Ok, these are just so sweet! Your kiddos are the cutest ever and you show them off so perfectly in your amazing artwork!! Love these!

Brooke S said...

LOVE IT!!!! What a treasure for sure.... Best part of the project is "U" and "J"... Your best creation's ever :)
HUGS