Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Verve Sneak Peeks Day 1 - Blue Skies stamp set

Happy Weds Everyone!

I am so excited that the Verve Release Sneak Peeks have begun over at the Verve Blog! Woo-hoo! Julee has organized some fun Release Week Challenges over at the Verve Forum - and one person who can finish all of them will win the entire June release from Verve!!! Holy Cannoli that's a lot of Verve-y goodness! I couldn't wait to peek this card created with the Blue Skies stamp set from Verve (will be released on Friday!!!) I absolutely love love love the feeling of this stamp set - and Julee always puts together the most wonderful sentiments that convey exactly what is in your heart!

I love the sentiments in this stamp set - this one in particular is just inspiring: "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow". What a wonderful sentiment - I think it is such an inspiring sentiment to create a card for someone who is going through a hard time, who might have heard some disappointing news, etc. -- and I LOVE - seriously am in LOVE with this cute little notebook stamp!!! So darling! I used the VLV March Week 5 sketch for this card:

Card Ingredients:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Blue Skies from Verve
Ink: Memento Ink (Rich Cocoa)
Accessories: spellbinders, Martha Stewart punch, dimensionals, hole puncher, corner rounder, liquid pearls, red tacky tape.

I twirled the ribbon over the cut out circle and then popped it up on dimensionals. I stamped the notebook image twice, punched holes and tied the same ribbon that I twirled around the circle die cut and tied a bow. I love this sweet little butterfly that Julee has created - so whimsy and lovely!

Mark your calendars for the Verve Release Party this Friday at 9pm EST over at the Release party site on the Verve Forum!!! You can stop by the Verve Blog for more details for the June Release!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Wishing you a wonderful day!!
Big hugs :)
Sankari

8 comments:

Ann said...

Wowza, this is gorgeous, Sankari! Love every detail!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just fabulous, Sankari!! I love it!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

A-Mazing! Love the ribbon twisted around the circle. Every detail is just beautiful, Sankari!

Luanne said...

How beautiful! Love the notebook stamp too, and this is a great sentiment. Can't wait to see more...

Anonymous said...

OH WOW. I WANT/NEED that stamp set! Its gorgeous. You card is absolutely stunning. I love the circle with the ribbon beautiful

kksb said...

Fantastic card! Wonderful colors, ubeat and incredible attention to detail. I Like It!! Alot.

Pat said...

Absolutely, positively GORGEOUS!!! Wow, what a sensational card - I love it!

Maureen said...

delicious eye candy as usual, girlie :) I am so loving all these sentiment peeks :)