Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #71 - 13 Going On 30!

Hi Everyone!
Every Saturday, my friend Brooke and I run the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge where we pick a movie and then create a card inspired by it! This week for our 71st challenge, we picked the movie: 13 Going on 30! starring Jennifer Garner :) I remember watching this movie in the theater when it came out and I loved watching it because I grew up in the 80's - so all of the references, music, and little "jokes" were something that I totally got. I had to sing along to Pat Benatar's Love is a Battlefiled song - wow did that bring back memories!

One of my favorite parts of this movie was when she asked her mother if there was something that she wished she could do over again - like if she had made some mistake and wished she could re-do it. Her mother gave her such a beautiful answer I thought - which was that those moemnts give us an opportunity to figure out how to make things right. This movie I felt was about sometimes what we think we wish for might not always be what we really want and its about a chance to be true to ourselves.

Its an interesting thing to look at our lives sometimes - There are moments that I wish I could re-do - and moments that I wish I could re-live, but I don't ever think I would go back and change anything about how I got to where I am right now. I love the journey that I have been on and its always amazing to me how the the twists and turns of life bring new possibilities, new friendshis, new ways of understanding your self, new ways of being present to yourself and those around you. More than anything right now - I am grateful for my friends and family - especially when things have been rough - it is a blessing to have that connection and support. Speaking of friendships, my card was inspired by the sweet friendship between her and her childhood best friend Matt:

Card Ingredients:
Cardstock: Snow White Choice cardstock from Taylored Expressions
Stamps: Stampology and Making Memories
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: EK success, corner rounder, star punch from CM, Spellbinders, liquid pearls, rhinestones from Want2Scrap

She later realizes that it is Matt whom she has always loved but never gave him a chance. Their childhood friendship is so sweet and he truly sees her for who she is - a wonderful, happy, caring and beautiful person. Sometimes, we can take for granted our friendships and our family because you know they will always be there for you, but it is so nice to make sure they know how much you appreciate them! This card is for one of my best friends and even though we have grown a bit far apart over space and time - she will always be one of my BFFs :)

I hope you are having a lovely and wonderful start to your weekend! We got hit with an end of March snowfall - so I think its time for one last sledding outing that ends with some hot cocoa goodness!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Stop by the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog for more details and I hope you have a chance to play along!!!!

Big hugs!
Sankari :)

9 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, what fun, fun, colours, Sankari :) I loved their friendship too...he was so sweet :) I like the theme of "be careful what you wish for"....oh, I just thought of the sentiment I'll use...a different one, but similar!!! LOL I LOVE her closet and would wish for one like that :)

Tasha said...

WOW this crd is so awesome! The colours absolutely rock and i love the sentiment
love tasha xx

Brooke S said...

Girl! Like I LOVE your card! The colors are like totally rad!

Truly this is a sweet cards.. Very striking, vibrant and full of life... Anyone who recieved this friendship card from you will treasure you as a friend forever.

I am soooo with you I wouldn't change anything in my past it has made me who I am...

Love YA!
BROOKE

WickedPixie said...

Wow, this fun card really pops! It is fabulous! You always provide such beautiful inspiration, thank you! :-)Traci

Naomi said...

This is wonderful. The colors are absolutely striking. And I love hearing how you felt about the movie, relaying emotions, and why you picked a certain part of the movie.

cnelson said...

Such a bright, happy, fabulous card!! LOVE the movie...LOOOOOOOVE the card!

Kim Burmeister said...

Sankari, this card is so FUN! I love all the bright colors. Another amazing card! This is a great movie. Every time it is on I have to watch my favorite parts too, especially the end.

Radha said...

Always... gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Sankari, this card is delightful and so happy!! I love how you take a WORD and create such a IMPACT with it. You are a true artist full of talent and style!! Love the colors too!!