Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mojo Monday - Summer Cards :)

Good Evening Everyone,

I am on vacay and am sorry that if I haven't visited everyone's blogs - but I promise I will. I brought a few sets of stamps and some Key Ingredients packs (I had too! It felt weird to not pack that in too :) and of course as soon as I saw Julee's Mojo Monday sketch number 96- I LOVED it!!! and so here are two quick cards that I made using the same paper pack which is the Beach Bum Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions and using the Beach Bum stamp set with this same sketch.
I absolutely adore adore adore this Key Ingredient set (cardstock with 20 sheets!!! of coordinating DP, ribbon, stickers and bling!!!) because of its bright summery papers, ribbon and bling! Here is one of my fave images: Cuppie sunning himself (lol!) - everything is paper pieced with the different papers in the kit. We mailed this card out to our niece who is at camp - and we all signed this card for her - I hope that she likes it - I remember getting mail when I was a little one and feeling excited to open it ... and I still get that way because all I seem to get are bills.... not very "fun in the sun" :)

Card Details:
Ink: Ruby Red from SU!
Accessories: ribbon, bling are from the Beach Bum Key Ingredients kit - also - Circle Cutters from CM

This second card uses the same papers - but also uses a die cut and transparency flower from a kit that Taylor used to carry at the store from the Delighted Paper set - that is now sold out - man, I wish I had ordered more! 

Card Details:
Ink: Ruby Red from SU!
Accessories: ribbon, bling are from the Beach Bum Key Ingredients kit - also EK success punch, scallops made from corner rounder.

Well, as I type this my SIL just came over - so I am off to go and hang with the fam - but am so happy that I got some craft time squeezed into the day! I might have to craft some more tonight maybe while watching a movie - :) Anyhooooo - I hope you are all having a wonderful tuesday! and that you are all having Fun in the Sun!

Thanks for visiting my little corner :)
Hugs!!!
Sankari :)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

The flower card is just way too cute. It is one of those cards that immediately grabs the eye! Great job!

Dana Joy said...

Oh, your cards are so pretty.

Kim Burmeister said...

Wow! Your cards are always so beautiful!

Karen said...

Oh my goodness! Who would have thought you could show a cupcake gettin' sun and have people buy into it??? Well! I DO! He looks so happy there! And I'm simply amazed at how different your cards look, even though they are using the same papers. I love seeing your creativity at work! Have fun with your family! :>

Unknown said...

These are both Sensational!!! I especial love the second one with the flower. Miss ya, Shawnie.

Tenia Nelson said...

These cards are wonderful!!! tfs!!

Ann said...

Talk about cute! I love them both, especially that adorable cupcake one!

Unknown said...

Really love your cards! Great set of papers and the colours make me happy!

gale said...

Those are so cute!

The Mama Monkey said...

Is cuppie wearing sunscreen? If not, he might "bake"! :) That was bad!!

Gorgeous creations once again!! Have fun on the rest of your vacation!

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous. Love the layered effect on the flower.
Hugs
Desire

Regina Easter said...

these are both awesone awesome awesome...hugs

CathyRose said...

So bright and cheerful! You are so creative. Love your cards!

Tlbran said...

So Cute! I love the flower card and that cupcake summer card is beautiful!

Naomi said...

Great takes on a great sketch!