Saturday, June 20, 2009

June 20th Key Ingredients from Taylored Expressions


Good Morning Everyone,

I have to say that I am a HUGE fan of the papers that Taylor has over at Taylored Expressions. Every month, Taylor puts together fabulous kits (called Key Ingredients) where she combines cardstock, coordinating Designer Paper, Embellishments and Ribbon all into one set! Today half of the Baker's Design Team are featuring this month's wonderful kit: the June 20th Key Ingredients! woo-hoo! 

Taylor challenged us to give some dimension to our projects and to also not use Copics! So I had fun paper piecing and created each project with some sort of popping up on dimensionals :)

Seriously - these papers are just so much fun! I love all the different papers and I wanted to showcase some of the wonderful pieces in this beautiful set - so here is a very simple simple card with some snippets of the patterned paper:
I used the Saturday Sketch over at Paper Craft Planet for the above card and the sentiment is from the For the Love of Cupcakes set from Taylored Expressions. I love the white brad like candy dot embellishments and the the yummy Primas in this awesome kti! And the scalloped ric rac ribbon is perfect for a scalloped border :)

This card is for a very dear friend who is sweeter than cupcakes (yes! its true!!) I wanted to make a special card for her and used Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch for this one using Taylor's For the Love of Cupcakes Stamp Set. I love these papers and had to paper piece them on the cupcake - and of course since I couldn't sprinkle them with real sprinkles, I had to cover them with stickles :)


And one last one using one of my favorite papers! My friend is having a going away party tomorrow and she is one of my fave people :( so sad she is leaving - I LOVE shopping with her and wanted to make something special for her going away present - so I created a little shoe that I am going to put a little gift certificate in - as soon as I can choose from which store :) I was also going to fill it with some yummy candy - but guess what? somehow - it all seems to have disappeared!!! hmmmm  ;)



I used the template from the 3D12 challenge from PaperCraft Planet for this shoe from a few weeks ago and paired it with the DownTown Diva set from Taylored Expressions - a perfect fit! 

Please make sure that you check out the wonderful creations using this same kit from the rest of the crew who are featuring it from the Baker's Dozen:


And don't forget to stop in at Taylored Expressions and see all the deals and steals that she has going on!!! Taylor is moving and has some fabulous products on SALE !!!! Also check out the Info on Taylor's Blog about how to become a Key Ingredients Subscriber! Seriously it is an AWESOME steal of a deal!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Big hugs!
Sankari :)

12 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

The shoe is BRILLIANT! I totally LOVE the large cupcakes paper pieced with THESE KI papers. Awesome work, girl! You've showcased the papers beautifully.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Sankari, you always AMAZE me with your creativity! Your cards are fabulous (love all of the details you've added)! And that shoe...all I can say is WOW!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Sankari the kit always looks amazing in your hands! Beautiful creations, I love that shoe...how cute it that?

Karen Motz said...

LOVE those cards Sankari...you really showcased the papers beautifully with all the paper piecing. And that shoe...your friend's gonna LOVE it!!!

Smita said...

Lovely creations Sankari.

Hugs,
Smita

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards and project lady!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness! Love all your projects but I'm loving that SHOE! Girl you are BRILLIANT~! You are always so full of fresh, bright and fun ideas!!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME Sankari (can you tell I LOVE them!!). I totally "Need" this kit for sure! That shoe is the BOMB SCHNIZ girlie!!!

thescrapmaster said...

Aw I really love those cupcakes! Super cute, Sankari!

Karen said...

Gorgeous!! The card And the shoe! Love your paper piecing on your card and that shoe is just wonderful. I just joined Paper Craft Planet and need to look around more. I'm so glad I found your blog via Kristina's challenge links! :>

Maria said...

Hey Sankari! You sure create beautiful things working on the floor! LOL! Well, I hope you are comfortable nonetheless. What a great idea to listen to Christmas music when making Christmas cards. I think I may just do that too. . .it sorta gets you in the mood, huh!

Wow. .your Christmas card is just awesome. Those cupcakes are yummy looking and you colored them so beautifully. Your cards are always so spectacular. Love that you followed the sketch but changed it up a bit!!

Your second cupcake card. .again, a materpiece! I love all your cards. . the colors, the layouts. . .everything. Just gorgeous!

Okay. . that shoes is so cool. Love the pretty dp that you used. What a fantastic project.

Maria

Anonymous said...

I love the shoe! So cute. Your friend is going to love it.