Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #37 - High School Musical

Good Saturday Morning Everyone,

This week over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - we are featuring the movie: High School Musical (you can pick any of the three that are out to make your card - every saturday we pick a movie from which to create a card etc.) and the challenge requirement for this movie was to create a card with school font lettering or numbers (or both). 

Okay so I have to admit - I saw High School Musical last night - and then made my card right after! For some reason - I was trying to avoid seeing this movie - I don't know it felt so teenager-ish and I felt suddenly "old" - but I have to say it was a fun viewing and I can totally see why this movie is a hit - fun songs - hip actors - (and finally now I know who Zac Ephron is who all my little nieces have a crush on!).


I used Taylor's Friday Cupcake Sketch Challenge for this card and was tempted to put a cupcake on it - but instead went with a  " PI" .. get it.. "pie" but "pi" the mathematical symbol... ha! okay --- maybe its not really that funny - but you get a little punchy when there are some late nights :) But anyhooooo - overall I really like how this card came out :) it was fun to create something that you have no idea how it will turn out :)


Card Details:
Paper: Paper Temptress Red and Black from Stash, Scenic Route Sonoma
Ink: Printer (used the Princeton font)
Accessories: Star Punch from Creative Memories, piercing tool , red stickles, dimensionals, ribbon from stash, button from stash, sponger

I wanted to make a fun card that was a little quirky and used the Princeton font on my computer to generate the sentiment " I love you Pi Squared" -( I wanted to use both the School Letters and numbers requirement for this challenge ) and also because I love the scene in the movie where they bake her a cake with the math character: "Pi").  I adore this little funky button - I knew I was saving it for a reason :)

Well - I had alot of fun playing and hope that you have a chance to join us over at Cinema Saturday for some High School Musical fun!!!

Thanks for visiting my little corner :)
See you at the movies !
Hugs,
Sankari :)

2 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

oh wow, this has come out great! Love the "love" and pie - it amuses me too at least!

Right, now I really need to get to bed...

Justine said...

so cute and clever.Did you really like the movie?? All of my second graders, a few years ago, wouldn't stop singing those songs. I think I ended up knowing them by the end of the year..........