Monday, October 20, 2008

Pease not Please :)

Good Morning Everyone,

Taylor had a really fun sketch for her Friday Cupcake Challenge - it was to make a project using this layout to find out what your stamps are really saying! I had so much fun with this challenge and came up with a  fun birthday card for my son's friend. 

My daughter who is one and a half is saying the cutest things and one of the sweetest things at this age is how they say please - there is no "L" sound and it becomes the cutest little word: pease.... So now everyone in the house has adopted this new way of saying please - we all just say pease.... 

I love this little baby girl sitting in her high chair with a messy mouth - reminds me of my daughter - although, my daughter's hair, the floor, the table and the walls would all have food on it - not just her face :) This image is from Inkadinkado and the cupcake image that I popped up with dimensionals is from Hero Arts. The thought bubble and dots are all popped up also and there is liquid pearl (of course :) to the cupcake and to 
her mouth :) The sentiment was created on the computer and then cut out and the bite marks on the cupcake were cut out as well. 
 
I loved going though my stamps and seeing what fun things they could be saying - and can't wait to make some more cards with this challenge's idea! 

Hope your Monday is going off to a great start! Don't forget to check out the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge blog (click here) and check out the creations for this week's movie pick: Breakfast at Tiffany's. You can still link your creation to our challenge by Thursday 9pm PST. 

Well, I am off to make some breakfast!
Thanks for visiting!

Ciao for now,
Sankari



23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is such a sweet card! I love the dimension you gave the frosting on the cupcake. This stamp is simply perfect for your sentiment! Love all the pink :D

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Cindy

Dawn said...

Great Job on this! it is darling and I know how that baby feels about cupcakes!!!LOL!!! Love all of the pink... it is just perfect!

Donna Baker said...

this is so adorable! I love it SO much!

scubasubie said...

This card reminds me of... me! And how much I LOVE CUPCAKES (but my hips don't!)Really awesome card - love the depth you gave the cupcake and the bite out of it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cute little card. I love the story of "pease". My 2 1/2 year old is quite a little chatterbox and she is always saying something cute. My 18 mos. old isn't much of a talker yet.

Marie said...

How innovative! Very cute image and a great idea!

Kathie Bailey said...

She is adorable! I love that baby talk stage too, and I really miss it when they start to pronounce certain words correctly.:-)

Great card!

Taylor said...

So cute, Sankari! There's nothing better than a cute little baby with cupcake smeared all over its face! lol. TFS!

Catherine said...

oh Sankari...too cute! my daughter use to say "Peas" when she was little and i tease her with that once in awhile and she loves it. another great card from you.. OFCOURSE!

Hope your having a great day and make sure to make me breakfast also :)

Naomi said...

Very, very cute! I have never thought about what stamps could be saying! My youngest daughter just turned 2, and she says 'pease' as well, so it goes without saying that this post made me smile! Great job with the sketch!

Regan said...

so cute...this card is so happy!!

My daughter doesn't say "s" very well so there have been very intersting things said.

fishlips said...

This is so so darling, I love the icing face and the bite out of the cupcake...It's just way 2 cute!!!

Heather said...

Cute, cute card!! My son just turned 2 and he says "pease" also!!

Unknown said...

This is sooooooooooo cute! Reminds me of babies on their first birthday with the cake! I'm Tessa btw member #25 in the blog group!

Ophthalmologist said...

How cute is this?!!!! Great idea, and a great way to bring this idea to life!
I hope you have a great day - mine was almost completely filled with getting lots of sleep after the whole weekend being on call...

Laura said...

great card!!!!!!!


so cute!!

Louise F NZ said...

love the liquid pearls on the cupcake, looks like real icing.

Unknown said...

OMGosh Sankari-- this is the cutest EVAH (as my son would say!) My 1 year old is going to start saying those cute things soon and I can't wait-- that was my favorite phase with my boys! I am going to try to get to the Cinema Saturday challenge this week-- I'm actually in New Jersey for the next few days, but I'll try to get to it when I get home! I have the perfect Tiffany colored paper! :)

The Mama Monkey said...

This made me hungry! Isn't that little baby stamp just adorable?

Love the dimension of the cupcake; perfect stamp for this sketch!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!
Enjoy that little girl every moment...having little ones was the BEST time of my life! They are all grown and gone, now~ *sniff*sniff! :D

lauren bergold said...

OMG!!! what an absolutely ADORABLE card...fabulous take on this fun challenge!!!

i especially love those little bite marks on the cupcake & the corresponding frosting on the baby! of course you are quite right--irl there would be NO frosting left on said cake...and no frosting-less surface for at least a 3-foot radius!!! (lol!) :)

Rachel Brumley said...

What an adorable card! Looking at the cupcake gave me a craving for one - I haven't had a cupcake in ages!

gale said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute!!