Monday, July 14, 2008

A Two in One! Cupcake Challenge & Verve Divas Challenge

Hello All,

Just wanted to post a card that I made for 2 challenges. One is for the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge (#24), that is created by the awesome Taylor Vanbruggen. I have really enjoyed the cards that have been made for these challenges in the past and have always wanted to try, so tonight was the night. And the other is for the first Verve Divas Challenge, by the awesome Shannan Teubner.  I just discovered Verve, through doing the Mojo Monday challenges and can't wait to for some Verve stamps to Verve up my life!! 

The challenge from Taylor was to create a card/layout etc. most closely resembling the following sketch:

And the Challenge from the Verve Divas Challenge was to incorporate the following colors in your card. Since I as of yet, still don't have any SU! papers, or Verve stamps (yet!) - I just went along with what I had.
 
So this is what I came up with. A simple birthday card, with a cute little cupcake from Jolee's Boutique. The stamped sentiment is from All Night Media and the ribbons are from Offray. I made the dots with my white craft pen from Martha Stewart Crafts and added a little Diamond stickles dots around cupcake layer. This is in tribute to Faith - whose dots leave me amazed and wanting more!


This was a great sketch - and a great color swatch - my favorite colors together with a yummy cupcake! Mmmmm!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
Ciao for now,
Sankari

3 comments:

Carol Dunstan said...

love all the texture on this, great card

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card! Love teh yummy cupcake, the tag, the tiny bead dots around the rectangle! Nice job combining the 2 challenges.
PS: Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. :o)

Anonymous said...

I love the bead sprinkles on your cupcake and your stickle dots. They add so much dimension to your layers. Fabulous!