Friday, July 25, 2008

Color me Cupcakes! 2 challenges in one card


Hi Everyone, 

Hope you are all having a great Friday. Things here are good - but have been a little slow on the stamp front because our little one has been a little sick. But I think today he is a little bit better - so I had a little time to make a card (wow, how many times did I just use little?!)  I have been meaning to make a card with the sketch from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge since last Friday - but did not have a chance. And even though its very late, I thought I would still make it because it is such a fun sketch. I combined the sketch challenge with a color challenge from the ladies at The Cat's  Pajamas  TCP Tuesday challenge. The colors were pink, orange and chocolate :
my FAVORITE colors all together.... and those colors totally reminded me of cupcakes and cakes - so it seemed like a great mix to combine the color challenge with Taylor's Cupcake Challenge! 
These colors are so much fun together - that I wanted to make a fun bright card, so I used the little critter image from Clear Stamps - isn't he so cute, holding a little cupcake in his hands :) I paper pieced him onto the orange and paper pieced the cupcake onto the pink cardstock and added stickles. I colored his eyes white and then added the black pupils. The circles were punched out and then cut in half and pasted with alternating colors. The ribbons are from Offray and the little Faith dots :) are done with some paint. 

This was such a quick, fun and simple card to make - so that means, I am going to be using all these elements again! I think I am going to make a bunch of these cards for my MIL's birthday present. 

But first, I must go and make breakfast :) 
Thanks for coming over for a visit,
Ciao for now,
Sankari

2 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

Wow! I just love this card! Who would have thought to use circles in this way? Too cute.

Alma de la Rosa said...

Wow! I just love this card! Who would have thought to use circles in this way? Too cute.