Sunday, June 1, 2008

Color Inspiration #10

Hello Everyone!!!

Today marks a whole new world for me :)  

This is not only my first entry in blogland :) but also my first Color Inspiration Challenge entry. These color inspiration challenges are from Kristina Werner who makes amazing cards (catch her on Youtube every Monday for "Make a Card Monday".  This weeks challenge was to use a swatches of color from the below picture, to create your card. I hope my first attempt at this qualifies and I am so excited to not only do one of these challenges, but also enter it into Roundup.  
















The colors for this card are: not quite navy, bashful blue, so saffron, old olive and whisper white. I hope the colors in the card fit the swatch. I really enjoyed playing around with the colors and this card. It was a fun combination of colors - kinda soft with a pop :) 
I have always enjoyed craft stuff and got more interested into scrapbooking after the birth of my son. Its only recently within the past 6 months that I have really been into cardmaking. I love going to all the different cardmaking blogsites, where I am just blown away by the beautiful artwork in these cards. I was so inspired, that I thought I would try a little blog of my own and make a card everyday myself. In the busy life of being a mother, working, etc., crafting and creating something always uplifts my heart and brings me joy. And that joy is a little addictive ;) 

The colors are a little off when I took a picture of the card, but I hope that it still works for the challenge. Since I am just starting to blog cards, I haven't really kept up with where all the ingredients for this card is from, but here is the stamp recipe of the products that I do know of: 



The stamp of the bird is from Inkadinkado and the stamp for the expression is from "Happy Harmony" from Stampin Up!. The ribbon is Ofray ribbon (Blue 1H) and the rick is from Wrights (Croquet Miniatures), Blue Mist. The white cardstock is from Colorbok, and I am not sure where the other DP used is from, nor from where the brads are from. On the flowers in the stamp I used some white paint with "Crystal Effects" Stickles. 

I am so excited to post this and journey forth into this amazing community of stampers and scrappers :) I would also just like to thank Leigh O'Brien of Sunflower Studio for making me feel so welcome and Maria from Stampin' Inspirations for encouraging and inspiring me. Hope you are all doing well on this glorious sunday morning :) Thank you so much for stopping by today - please come back soon!

Happy Crafting :)
Sankari

4 comments:

Manuela said...

Olá Sankari,
Thanks for your words in my blog.
Your card is very nice too.
As you wrote my firts comments, I am doing the same! I have enjoyed papers, but now with the scrap, I have done more cards.I hope we have success with our cards, oh, and ours new blogs too. Sorry for my english, it isn´t good. Kisses, Manuela

Suzanne said...

Very nice card! Congats on the new blog, much fun.

Suzanne Vaughan said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Welcome to blogland - it is addictive!

Anthonette said...

Sankari, welcome to the blogosphere! I love your card. I started my crafting blog a few months ago. I love all the talent I see daily.